Our festival site is a beautiful 700-acre farm, located in Manchester, TN, about 60 miles southeast of Nashville and 40 miles northwest of Chattanooga. Once a year, our little farm becomes Tennessee’s 7th largest city basically overnight. And this can mean traffic. Lots of it. So please, consider ride sharing - it helps reduce traffic, saves money on gas and the earth will love you.
- Like officers everywhere, Tennessee police expect you to obey the highway safety laws, and they’re prepared to enforce them. They’re especially strict about open container violations, so think, do you really want to start the weekend in the slammer?
- Please stay in your car, especially when you’re waiting in line to enter the festival. This is no time for hacky sack.
- Bonnaroo is a friendly place. Don’t kill the vibe by cutting in line. You’ll be in soon, we promise.
How to deal with the inevitable traffic delays:
- Fill up your tank before getting in line to enter the festival. There are no gas stations on site.
- Empty your tank, too, before you arrive. There are no bathrooms in line.
- Pack some snacks and nonalcoholic beverages (remember, arrival tip #1).
- Play 20 Questions.
- Tune into Radio Bonnaroo (WFTZ 101.5 FM) as you approach Manchester for up-to-the-minute traffic announcements, news and an eclectic mix of music, artist interviews and in-studio performances.
DIRECTIONS BY CAR
If you’re coming from the east, use I-75 or I-59 to Chattanooga. From Chattanooga take I-24 west.
If you’re coming from the west, use I-40, I-24, or I-65 to Nashville. From Nashville take I-24 east.
If you’re entrusting your fate to GPS, just set it for Manchester, TN. When you get close you’ll see signs for “Bonnaroo”, and from there just go with the flow.
DIRECTIONS BY BUS
The Greyhound Bus Line goes right to Manchester, TN and the bus station is located 1-mile from the festival at 617 Woodbury Hwy, Manchester, TN 37355. Remember, we don’t offer transportation from the bus stop to the festival so have a friend pick you up or take a local taxi.
DIRECTIONS BY PLANE
Most people who fly use the Nashville International Airport (BNA) which is 60 miles by car to Manchester, TN. We provide an Airport Shuttle to and from the festival. Learn more and purchase an Airport Shuttle Pass here.
Others fly into Chattanooga (CHA) which is a quick 80 mile drive to Manchester, TN, or Knoxville (TYS) a spontaneous 150 mile drive, or Atlanta (ATL) which clocks in at 195 miles to Manchester, TN.
DIRECT BUSES FROM YOUR CITY
Bonnaroo supports ride sharing to reduce traffic and our carbon footprint.
Looking to share a bus from your city? You can reserve a seat or start a route from your town and arrive at Bonnaroo on a bus. Check out all the options offered by our friends at Skedaddle.
Skedaddle Routes to Bonnaroo