Guidelines for Grant Applicants
The Bonnaroo Works Fund primarily focuses on charitable programs in Middle Tennessee. Proposals from organizations beyond the Middle Tennessee area are considered by invitation only.
Grants are made to tax-exempt public charities under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and to government agencies without regard to factors of race, religion, sex or national origin.
What We Like to Support
Program interests include, but are not limited to: education, music and arts programs for children or communities, protection of the environment and environment sustainability, and the arts/humanities. The Fund generally does not support: endowment programs, fund raising events, annual appeals of well-established organizations, or grants to individuals or religious or political causes.
How Much Can You Hope For?
Please note that the Bonnaroo Works Fund receives far more requests each grant cycle than it can support. The average grant allocation is between $1,000 and $10,000. While organizations may receive funding more than once, grantees that have received multiple years of support from the Bonnaroo Works Fund are strongly encouraged to diversify their funding base and develop alternative sources of support.
How to Submit Your Grant Request
Grant applications should be submitted in triplicate on the organization’s letterhead and signed by the Chief Executive Officer.
The following information must be included:
1. Bonnaroo Works Cover Sheet – Fully completed Bonnaroo Works Fund Grant Proposal Cover Sheet, available here.
2. Proposal Narrative – Clear description of the project or program for which support is sought, including information as to how it will be funded in the future (one typewritten page).
3. Organization Description – A description of how the project fits into the organization’s objective, history, and other programs, and the geographical area and demographic groups it serves (one typewritten page).
4. Tax Exemption Information – Evidence of 501(c)(3) public charity status (IRS tax determination letter). Government agencies are also eligible to receive support.
5. Financial Information – A current detailed financial statement including annual budget and operating expenses.
6. Board/Staff Information – A list of the organization’s staff and Board and information regarding Board commitment to the organization.
Each of these pieces of information is very important to our review committee. Failure to provide all required information will prevent consideration of the application.
The Bonnaroo Works Fund is administered by the East Tennessee Foundation (ETF), and all proposals or inquiries should be directed to that organization. All proposals will be acknowledged by the Foundation and reviewed by the Bonnaroo Works Fund Screening Committee. A member of the Screening Committee may contact the applicant to schedule a site visit.
New Grant Cycle
We are restructuring our grant cycle for 2014. Applications must be received by January 15th of each year. Announcements of grant recipients will be made in late April/early May.
Grant proposals should be submitted to:
East Tennessee Foundation c/o the Bonnaroo Works Fund
625 Market Street Ste. 1400
Knoxville, TN 37902
Phone inquiries: (865) 524.1223