HOW DO I JOIN THE C'ROO?
Follow these 10 simple steps!
STEP 1. Be sure to read through all of the information available including the FAQ and C’roo Descriptions.
STEP 2. Fill out the C’roo application of your choice!
• Applications are available below.
• You must pay a $25 NON-REFUNDABLE application-processing fee in order to apply to join the C’roo.
• You’ll be able to choose from Festival C’roo or Clean Vibes C’roo applications. Do note that once you have filled out an application for one or the other, you will not be able to transfer your application over should you change your mind. You would have to fill out a new application and pay the processing fee again if you wish to change.
Festival C’roo Volunteers are working all over the festival site on various smaller C’roos.
• See Festival C’Roo descriptions here.
• You can choose to work:
• PRE-Show- Minimum work requirement of 18 hours spread in to three, 6-hour shifts. Must be able to come on site on Sunday, June 8th. All PRE-Show Volunteers will be done with their work requirements before the festival begins Thursday afternoon. PRE-Show C’roos are only available to returning volunteers and are extremely limited in number of positions. Your best bet if you are returning volunteer and want one of these positions will be to get your application and deposit in as early as possible.
• During-Show- Minimum work requirement of 18 hours spread in to three, 6-hour shifts. Must be able to come on site on Tuesday, June 10th. Why so early? Because we want to make sure you get checked in and set up and working before we open the doors to the general public.
Clean Vibes C’roo Volunteers handle all aspects of Bonnaroo’s waste and recycling program and there are many volunteer opportunities both during and after the event.
• See Clean Vibes C’Roo descriptions here.
• You can choose to work:
• During-Show- Minimum work requirement of 18 hours spread in to three, 6-hour shifts. Must be able to come on site Tuesday, June 10th. Why so early? Because we want to make sure you get checked in and set up and working before we open the doors to the general public.
• POST-Show- Minimum work requirement of 20 hours spread in to two, 10-hour shifts. Must be able to stay on site through Wednesday, June 18th.
*IMPORTANT NOTE- Clean Vibes POST-Show C’roo volunteers do not receive all of the same perks as everyone else because they get to experience the entire festival without missing anything because of work requirements. Clean Vibes POST-Show C’roo volunteers will camp in general admission and they will gain access to the event when the gates open rather than early like the rest of the C’roo. They cannot arrive or camp with a pre or during show volunteer. Showers will not be available for POST-Show C’roo volunteers during the event but they will be available post event. POST-Show C’roo volunteers will also be provided with breakfast and lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday post event.
STEP 3. Pay your deposit!
• All Festival C’roo and Clean Vibes C’roo Volunteers must pay a $300 deposit in order to be considered for a position.
• Provided that you show up on time to all of your shifts, do the job that’s expected of you, and don’t break any rules, your full deposit will be refunded to you after the festival is over.
• All deposits must be paid by no later than May 16th, 2014
• Because Clean Vibes C’roo applications are divided into individual C’roo applications already, the deposit for them is due when you sign up.
• If something comes up and you have to cancel before May 16th you can get your deposit back minus a $25 cancellation fee. Any cancellations after May 16th will forfeit their full deposit.
STEP 4. Get assigned to your C’roo!
• All volunteers will be assigned to a specific C’roo. Meaning that if you get assigned to the Partner Activities C’roo for example, that’s the C’roo you’ll work on for all of your shifts.
• This will help build consistency for both you and the festival staff so that you’re trained on everything that they do and aren’t required to learn a new system every day.
• As part of the application, you’ll be able to notate which C’roos you are most interested in working on. While we can’t guarantee you’ll get your top choice, we will do our best to get you on a C’roo that fits your interests.
• For Festival C’roos you’ll be assigned to your specific C’roo within 72 hours of paying your deposit so be sure to get it in early for a better chance of joining the C’roo of your dreams! Clean Vibes C’roos are assigned as you fill out the application.
STEP 5. Complete your C’roo training!
• All C’roo volunteers are required to take part in a mandatory training which involves watching a few videos and answering some basic questions about what you saw.
• All C’roo volunteers will be required to complete the training before they can check-in on-site so be sure to get it done as soon as it gets sent out.
STEP 6. Get your C’roo schedule!
• Schedules will be released at least two weeks prior to when you are required to be on site.
• This will allow you to know when you’re supposed to be working and give you an idea of what your free time at Bonnaroo will look like. What bands will you get to see? Which ones will you have to miss? All of that will be answered ahead of time so that if you have any issues, you can try and work it out.
• You will have the ability to offer up your shifts to other volunteers and pick up different shifts on your same C’roo for the two weeks leading up to being on site as well.
• By giving you your schedules ahead of time, we hope that you’ll be able to resolve any conflicts before you get on site to check-in. Of course someone has to agree to pick up your offered shifts and you will have to pick up enough shifts to equal out to 18 hours but our system allows you to put it out there that you’re interested in a schedule change. If you can’t get anybody to pick up your undesired shifts, we can try to make a change but most likely you’ll have to work that shift.
STEP 7. Check in at Bonnaroo!!!
• All PRE-Show and During-Show Volunteers check-in at an off site location. Information about times and where to check in will be sent to those C’roo members who have followed through with the whole application process and have been assigned to a C’roo.
• Once you’ve received your credentials at check-in you will be directed over to the site to the exclusive volunteer camping areas. The Tollbooth and Parking C’roos camp in their own area closer to the Main Tollbooth Entrance, Info/PODs volunteers camp at their assigned POD, and the rest of the C’roos camp in an area known as The Back 60. Only volunteers are allowed to camp in these spots so if you want to come with friends, convince them to join the C’roo with you! Remember that Clean Vibes POST-Show C’roo volunteers come on site at the same time as general admission and they also camp in general admission camping.
• Once on site you will not be able to leave so be sure to check, double check, and then check again that you have everything you need to make it through your time on site.
STEP 8. Work your shifts
• Be sure to check in 15-20 minutes early to each of your shifts.
• Check-in locations will vary depending on which C’roo you are assigned to.
• All C’roo members are expected to be on time, SOBER, and wearing appropriate clothing for their shift:
• Always wear your C’roo t-shirt when you’re working and be sure to wear something else when you’re not. We don’t want to confuse someone who’s supposed to be working with someone who isn’t.
• No open-toed shoes or sandals
• Think about the type of work that you’re going to be doing when deciding what to wear. Will it be possible in a dress? Skin-tight leather pants? A toga? Be smart and realistic about your decision. Showing up in inappropriate clothing or without proper shoes could result in forfeiture of your deposit.
• Be sure to bring sunscreen, a water bottle, and a snack but not too much more as we won’t have anywhere to store your stuff and some jobs may not allow you to have a backpack of any kind while you’re working.
• You’ll be taken from your check-in location by either a C’roo staff member or one of our volunteer leaders, known as GuRoos (more details on how to be a GuRoo here), to where you’re going to be working.
• Be sure to stay at your assigned location and task until you are either taken to another work place or have been dismissed by your GuRoo or someone from Staff. That’s the only way that you can be sure that it gets noted that you completed your shift.
• Meal tokens that can be used at any of the vendors in Centeroo will be given out at the end of each shift.
STEP 9. Live the Bonnaroovian Code!
STEP 10. Wash, Rinse, Repeat Next Year!!!