PAYPAL BONNAROO SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER, WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND WHO ARE CONFIRMED REGISTERED MEMBERS OF WWW.PAYPAL.COM IN GOOD STANDING.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: PayPal Bonnaroo Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age and older, who are physically located and reside in the United States or District of Columbia, and who are confirmed registered members of www.paypal.com, in good standing, at the time of entry ("Eligible Participant"). Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of PayPal, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the design, execution, production, development, and promotion of this Sweepstakes or are connected to this Sweepstakes in any way are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (ET) on February 22, 2014 and ends 11:59:59 PM ET on April 30, 2014 (the "Promotion Period"). One hundred (100) Grand Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes: Automatic & Mail-in Entry. Automatic: To enter the Sweepstakes, Eligible Participants must go to www.bonnaroo.com and purchase at least one (1), 3-day ticket to Bonnaroo 2014 using their active U.S. PayPal accounts as a payment option during the Promotion Period to automatically receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Ticket must be purchased through Bonnaroo.com in order to be eligible to receive an entry in the Sweepstakes. If the payment is refunded or cancelled at any time, you are not eligible for an entry. Automatic entry must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on April 30, 2014 in order to be eligible. Limit one automatic entry per person/PayPal account per day. Subsequent entries submitted by the same person/PayPal account on the same day will be void. By Mail: To enter the Sweepstakes by U. S. Mail, hand print your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, date of birth, email address (optional) and daytime telephone number on a 3” X 5” card, and mail it, in an envelope with postage affixed, to: PayPal Bonnaroo Sweepstakes, P. O. Box 918, Plainview, NY 11803-0918. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by April 30, 2014 and received by May 7, 2014 in order to be eligible. Limit one entry per outer envelope. Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, postage due, late or inaccurate are void. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete illegible, damaged, postage due or misdirected entries. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If a dispute results as to the identity of an automatic entrant, it will be determined that the entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the PayPal account from which the entry is made. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to the PayPal account by PayPal Inc. The promotional Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. If an Eligible Participant changes his/her telephone number, email address and/or street address after he/she participates in the Promotion, it is his/her sole responsibility to send this change of address by (postal) mailing notice to be received by the end of the Promotion Period to the Sponsor’s address listed below.
For greater certainty, if it is discovered that an Eligible Participant (or any person or entity purporting to be an Eligible Participant) has attempted to: (i) obtain more than the stated number of entries allowed per person during the Promotion Period; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) email address to enter the Sweepstakes; then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) he/she may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Any Entry you submit will be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor), it is not completed and submitted during the Promotion Period. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated system to enter or otherwise disrupt this Sweepstakes is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. All Entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Sweepstakes. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: One hundred (100) potential Grand Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about May 8, 2014 from among all eligible automatic and mail-in entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by an independent judging organization. Judges’/Sponsor’s decisions are final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by electronic mail and/or overnight or U.S. mail on or about May 8, 2014. Potential winners will be required to verify their mailing addresses, and return any requested documents, properly executed, within 7 days of issuance of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize will be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of a prize. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible automatic and mail-in entries received. Limit one prize per person/email address. All claimed prizes will be awarded.
6. PRIZES: One hundred (1oo) Grand Prizes: Each winner will receive the value of one (1) General Admission ticket to Bonnaroo 2014 in the amount of $313.30. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $313.30/each. ARV of all prizes: $31,330. Prize funds to be awarded as a transfer to a winner’s PayPal account. Prize Winners must have a United States PayPal Account in good standing (the “PayPal account”) in order to receive, access, and use the prize. Your prize will be transferred into the PayPal account associated with the email address you provided. If the email address you provided is not associated with your PayPal account, you must associate it with your PayPal account within 7 days from time of prize notification. Prize will be transferred into the winner’s PayPal account within 6-8 weeks of prize notification. A winner must have a U.S. PayPal account in good standing at time of prize award. A prize will not be awarded to a winner with a locked, closed or restricted account.
All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes are not transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted, except that Sponsor at its sole discretion, may substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Specifics of the prizes are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All claimed prizes will be awarded. If winner is 18 years of age or older but deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS PARENT COMPANY, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, BONNAROO, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES) INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND(COLLECTIVELY, “CLAIMS”),, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS BROUGHT BY THIRD PARTIES. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries or submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, complete a PayPal transaction, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit an Eligible Participant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. Releases are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, postage-due or misdirected entries or mail. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of the Sweepstakes or modify these Official Rules at any time without notice, if in the judges’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes or for any other reason in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor may void any entries they suspect are at issue and award the prize from among all non-suspect eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who violates the rules or interferes with the Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Sweepstakes via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in that individual’s IP address and all entries from that IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, each Eligible Participant agrees to release and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the Entry.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this Sweepstakes, or to amend these Official Rules, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error or any kind, or for any other reason.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Website and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Official Rules, or as a result of technical problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Sweepstakes as contemplated in these Official Rules.
10. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, available after June 1, 2014, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 1, 2014 to: PayPal Bonnaroo Sweepstakes Winners, P. O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
11. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is PayPal, Inc., 2211 North First Street, San Jose, CA 95131.