Groop Camping: The Basics
Groop Camping in the GA Campground ensures that you and your friends are able to camp together, no matter when you arrive at Bonnaroo. Simply nominate a “Groop Leader” (or nominate yourself as one) and get the party started! A minimum of 24 people is required so be sure to tell your friends and have them tell their friends too — the more the merrier!
It’s easy to register as a Groop Leader and invite friends to join in on the fun. Once a Groop Leader has signed up, an automatic Groopie Registration link will be activated and ready to be shared immediately. Groop Leaders will be able to see live updates on just how large their Groop is growing, as well as the progression of other Groops. Pay close attention because Groops that hit certain goals might just get a Rootastic reward!
NEW: Groop Plaza
Groop has grown each year and it’s time we gave our most passionate fans even more. We’re adding a dedicated GROOP camping plaza in the campgrounds complete with all the usual Plaza accoutrements like shade, games, and more!
more details very soon!
How To Form a Groop and Be A Groop Leader:
- The process starts by the Groop Leader registering at the link below and paying a $150 deposit. Don’t fret! $100 will be refunded back to the Groop Leader once they meet the minimum group size and complete all “Groopie” sign-ups. All Groop Leaders are required to have purchased a Bonnaroo ticket and a valid confirmation number is required to register. Once you submit your payment you will pick a Groop name. Here is your chance to get weird, very, very weird.
- Once registration is complete, Groop Leaders will receive a confirmation email with a unique Groopie Registration URL link that they can immediately send out to anyone they want to be part of their group. This unique link is the only way your Groopies can snag a spot in your squad. A Groopie spot is $50/person (fees included). All Groopies must have first purchased a Bonnaroo GA festival ticket before signing up. A valid confirmation number will be required at time of purchase.
- Have more than 24 Groopies? No problem! An additional vehicle pass will be assigned for every extra 3 people in your Groop. (Pro tip: Less cars means more space to camp. Go green and carpool!). NOTE: Groop Leaders will receive all Groop Camping vehicle hang tags for their group and will be required to distribute to their Groopies prior to the festival.
- DEADLINE FOR GROOP LEADERS TO REGISTER IS FEBRUARY 7th 2020.
- DEADLINE FOR INDIVIDUAL GROOPIE SIGN UP IS May 1st 2020.
One thing to keep in mind! If your group does not meet the required 24 person minimum (which includes the Groop Leader) by the Groopie sign up deadline, you will be asked to merge with an already existing Groop. NO REFUNDS will be given to the leader or the individual Groopies if you can not meet the Groop Camping minimum.
Looking to join an existing groop after the groop leader registration deadline?
Check out Community Camping! Community camping is like a public groop camp run by Bonnaroo, with extra activities and meetups around a theme. Learn more about community camping here.
Ask Around! Because groop camps are run by fans just like you, you may find an already existing camp to join through friends or by asking around online.