Groop Camping: The Basics
Groop Camping in the GA Campground ensures that you and your friends are able to camp together, no matter when you arrive at Bonnaroo. Simply nominate a “Groop Leader” (or nominate yourself as one) and get the party started! A minimum of 24 people is required so be sure to tell your friends and have them tell their friends too — the more the merrier!
It’s easy to register as a Groop Leader and invite friends to join in on the fun. Once a Groop Leader has signed up, an automatic Groopie Registration link will be activated and ready to be shared immediately. Groop Leaders will be able to see live updates on just how large their Groop is growing, as well as the progression of other Groops. Pay close attention because Groops that hit certain goals might just get a Rootastic reward!
NEW Plaza 5: Groop’s Galactic Giddy-Up
Where interstellar vibes meet rhinestone ridiculous
Sound a little crazy? Good. Groop camping is long overdue for a place of their own, so we’re building a NEW Plaza right inside groop camping, and we’re bringing the silliness (don’t worry, non-groop folks can easily visit too). This plaza is all about empowering the awesome and wonderfully weird Bonnaroovian community, so hold onto your 10-gallon hat or your space helmet, because we’ve got some fun stuff in store.
Expect groop and community oriented games, activities, parties, and mixers that help bring the groop community together like never before. Catch competitions judged by celebrity guests, talent shows, Bonnaroovian battle of the bands, comedy open mic sets, and even some good ol’ fashioned line dancing. Want to throw your own shindig in plaza 5? In the spirit of Groop, we’ll be crowdsourcing some of the fun too! We’ve got cool ideas in the works, and we’re excited to announce more soon.
Oh and OF COURSE all the best things you can expect from any plaza, but now inside groop camping, including: Bathrooms🚽, showers🚿, shade and chill space⛺️, fans & misters💦, food & beverage vendors🍔, charging stations🔌, info boothℹ️, medical🚑, security👮♀️, and more.
More details coming before the festival!
How To Form a Groop and Be A Groop Leader:
- The process starts by the Groop Leader registering at the link below and paying a $150 deposit. Don’t fret! $100 will be refunded back to the Groop Leader once they meet the minimum group size and complete all “Groopie” sign-ups. All Groop Leaders are required to have purchased a Bonnaroo ticket and a valid confirmation number is required to register. Once you submit your payment you will pick a Groop name. Here is your chance to get weird, very, very weird.
- Once registration is complete, Groop Leaders will receive a confirmation email with a unique Groopie Registration URL link that they can immediately send out to anyone they want to be part of their group. This unique link is the only way your Groopies can snag a spot in your squad. A Groopie spot is $50/person + fees. All Groopies must have first purchased a Bonnaroo GA festival ticket before signing up. A valid confirmation number will be required at time of purchase.
- Have more than 24 Groopies? No problem! An additional vehicle pass will be assigned for every extra 3 people in your Groop. (Pro tip: Less cars means more space to camp. Go green and carpool!). NOTE: Groop Leaders will receive all Groop Camping vehicle hang tags for their group and will be required to distribute to their Groopies prior to the festival.
- DEADLINE FOR GROOP LEADERS TO REGISTER IS FEBRUARY 7th 2020.
- DEADLINE FOR INDIVIDUAL GROOPIE SIGN UP IS May 1st 2020.
One thing to keep in mind! If your group does not meet the required 24 person minimum (which includes the Groop Leader) by the Groopie sign up deadline, you will be asked to merge with an already existing Groop. NO REFUNDS will be given to the leader or the individual Groopies if you can not meet the Groop Camping minimum.
For more information or if you have any questions, please email GroopCamping@Bonnaroo.com
Groop Camping Rewards
With the ability to monitor your own Groops progress, as well as others, we’re encouraging Groopies to spread the word and join sooner than later (for the sole reason of…. PRIZES!)
For the FIRST GROOP to have 50, 75, and 125 Groopies officially sign up and register, we will reward you with some pretty sweet stuff. Check the purchase page for details!
**NOTE: There is ONE GROOP WINNER, PER TIER PRIZE. If your Groop hits multiple goals first, you will have the option of accepting the higher Tier Prize and forfeiting the lower Tier Prize OR accepting the Tier 1 prize, and forfeiting the Tier 2 or 3 prize. The second Groop to hit the respective Prize Tier will be rewarded the forfeited prize. Remember, all Groopies will be asked to verify a valid festival ticket confirmation # when signing up for their Groopie spot.
Looking to join an existing groop after the groop leader registration deadline?
Check out Community Camping! Community camping is like a public groop camp run by Bonnaroo, with extra activities and meetups around a theme. Learn more about community camping here.
Ask Around! Because groop camps are run by fans just like you, you may find an already existing camp to join through friends or by asking around online.
NEW: Groop Leader Operations Liaison
We’ve seen what you guys get up to in Groop Camping, and we LOVE IT. Wednesday night pre-parties, beer exchanges, brunches… the list goes on. But we also know that organizing a groop is a lot of work, and sometimes it could make a world of a difference if you had someone on “the inside” who could help you with a special request or question… well here’s your insider!
Groop leaders (and groop leaders only) will now have access to a Bonnaroo staffer who can take special operations and logistics related requests on behalf of your Groop. We can’t promise a “yes” on your request for an outlet at every camp or for us to plan your brunch for you, but we CAN help groop leaders get questions to the right people for proper consideration. This Liaison will be available for contact by March 16, at which point we will provide more guidelines and details on how they can help your groop.
Not a groop leader but want access to the liaison? in VERY FEW cases we may accept some exceptions for active fan groups and organizations. You can apply for an exception here